CFTC Technology Advisory Committee
|CFTC Technology Advisory Committee|
|Products||conducts meetings and reports on technology for the CFTC|
|Key People||CFTC Commissioner Scott O'Malia, chairman|
The CFTC Technology Advisory Committee is a discretionary or advisory committee for the agency, which is focused on various issues of technology in the futures industry and their impact. The committee, which was re-established in June 2010 and renewed in June of 2012 holds meetings on various technology topics and makes recommendations to the CFTC. The committee looks at the new technologies used by exchanges as well as by participants and provides advice to the commission on the appropriate level of investment in technology needed by the CFTC to monitor such advances.
The Technology Advisory Committee was originally founded in 1999, however, its registration and usage dropped over the following years. In June 2010, the committee was reinstated after no meetings were held for five years prior. 
Members of TAC
- CFTC Commissioner Scott O'Malia, chairman of CFTC Technology Advisory Committee
- Evelyn Fuhrer, Promontory
- David Hartney, Bank of America
- Ben MacDonald, Bloomberg LP
- Robert Garrison, DTCC
- Julian Harding, Wholesale Market Brokers Association
- Mike Evans, BG Americas
- Stephen Humenik, Eris Exchange
- Lee Olesky, Tradeweb
- Supurna Vedbrat, BlackRock
- John Lothian, John J. Lothian & Company
- Clifford Lewis
- Pierre Lamy, Goldman Sachs
- Marshall Terry, South Ferry Capital Partners
- Jeffrey Trahan, Deere & Company
- Wallace Turbeville, Dēmos
- James Rowen, Renaissance Technologies
- Dr John Bates,Senior Vice President, Chief Technology Officer and Head of Corporate Development Progress
- Christopher Hehmeyer, Vice-Chairman of the Board, National Futures Association
- Steven A. Joachim, Executive Vice President of Transparency Services Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA)
- Gary DeWaal, Senior Managing Director and General Counsel, Newedge USA, LLC
- Bryan Durkin, Chief Operating Officer and Managing Director, Products & Services, CME Group Inc.
- Richard Gorelick, Chief Executive Officer, RGM Advisors, LLC
- Dr. Michael Gorham, Industry Professor and Director, IIT Stuart Center for Financial Markets, Illinois Institute of Technology
- Charles A. Vice, President and Chief Operating Officer, IntercontinentalExchange
- ↑ COMMODITY FUTURES TRADING COMMISSION Reestablishment of the Technology Advisory Committee. Federal Register.
- ↑ Technology Advisory Committee and Renewal of the Committee Charter and Membership. U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission.
- ↑ COMMODITY FUTURES TRADING COMMISSION CHARTER OF THE TECHNOLOGY ADVISORY COMMITTEE. CFTC.
- ↑ CFTC Announces Members Of The CFTC’s Technology Advisory Committee – Committee To Meet On July 14, 2010 To Discuss Best Practices For HFT/ALGO. CFTC.
- ↑ CFTC reestablishes Technology Advisory Committee. CFTC press release.
- ↑ CFTC official admits data still collected by fax. FT.