|Employer||John J. Lothian & Company, Inc.|
|Location||Chicago, Illinois, USA|
Jim Kharouf is a journalist and serves as president of the John Lothian News (JLN) division. He is also editor-in-chief of JLN, editor of the Environmental Markets Newsletter and JLN Managed Futures newsletter, as well as a member of the MarketsWiki Development Team. Kharouf first joined John Lothian & Co. in a joint venture, developing and co-founding Environmental Markets Newsletter in 2006, (which changed its title to JLN Environmental/Energy in 2012) with John Lothian.
A freelance writer and editor from 2001 until 2008 when he joined John J. Lothian & Co., Kharouf wrote extensively on securities, indexes, commodities, currencies and bonds in the United States, Europe and Asia. He also served as the U.S. correspondent for Futures & Options Week from 2001 to 2008. He also contributed to magazines and newspapers such as: The Wall Street Journal, Stocks, Futures and Options – SFO Magazine, Active Trader and The Banker.
He also helped launch Traders Source magazine in January 2004 and served as editor of that publication, which covered financial and commodities futures and options markets.
Kharouf has extensive experience with daily and weekly newspapers in the U.S. and Europe. He reported on banking and technology for the Budapest Business Journal in Hungary from 1995 to 1996. He also served as an associate editor for Futures Magazine, covering international markets and reporting on various market sectors from 1996 to 1998.
Prior to working in Budapest, he covered the retail sector in Chicago, real estate and the U.S. and local economy as a business writer for the Daily Southtown from 1992 to 1995. Kharouf began his reporting career in North Carolina in 1989, reporting for the Daily Advance in Elizabeth City, NC, and then the Goldsboro News-Argus in Goldsboro, NC, from 1990 to 1992.
He graduated from Marquette University in 1989 with Bachelor of Arts degrees in journalism and political science.
He resides and works in Chicago and can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ↑ Instructor:Jim Kharouf. New York Institute of Finance.
- ↑ John Lothian Productions. John J. Lothian & Company, Inc..
- ↑ John J. Lothian & Company, Inc. is an online media & financial services company. John J. Lothian & Company, Inc..
- ↑ Good Derivatives: A Story of Financial and Environmental Innovation. Google Books.
- ↑ Eco warrior: Canada’s carbon market not neat and clean. Futures & Options World.
- ↑ Getting into Commodoties. Wall Street Journal.
- ↑ How long has this been going on?. John Lothian Newsletter.
- ↑ Zero-Sum Game: The Rise of the World's Largest Derivatives Exchange. Google Books.
- ↑ Speaker Profiles. Swiss Futures & Options Association.