Tokyo Financial Exchange
|Tokyo Financial Exchange|
|Key People||Shozo Ohta, President & CEO|
|Products||Interest rates, forex|
The Tokyo Financial Exchange (TFX) offers futures contracts on short-term yen-denominated interest rates and yen-based forex cross rates. It also offers options on three-month euroyen futures. It offers remote membership access through GL Trade.
Tokyo Financial Exchange was ranked as the 29th largest derivatives exchange in 2012 according to the Futures Industry Association's annual volume survey of the world's largest exchanges measured by volume. In the report, FIA notes that the amount of futures and options traded in 2012 by the exchange fell by 53.8% from the previous year, to 66.9 million total contracts.
The exchange was established in April of 1989 under the Financial Futures Trading Law of Japan. Because the Financial Futures Trading Law was abolished and the Financial Instruments and Exchange Law was enforced in September 2007, TFX transformed from a financial futures exchange into a more comprehensive financial exchange that handles any type of financial products.
On June 22, 2009 the TFX gained 'recognized market operator' status from the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS), allowing Singaporean investors to become remote TFX members and trade its contracts directly. In January 2010 the TFX was sued by a group of Japanese investors over a scandal involving German bank Commerzbank mispricing forex contracts between the South African rand and the Japanese yen.
- Tokyo Financial Exchange Three-Month Euroyen Futures
- Tokyo Financial Exchange Options on Three-Month Euroyen Futures
- Tokyo Financial Exchange Over-Night Call Rate Futures
- Tokyo Financial Exchange Spot-Next Repo Rate Futures
- Tokyo Financial Exchange Exchange Forex Margin Contract
|Year||Total Annual Volume||Percent Change|
Shozo Ohta is the President & CEO of the Tokyo Financial Exchange.
On April 12, 2010 the Tokyo Financial Exchange temporarily suspended trading in overnight interest rate futures until June 25, 2010 while it alters the contract's specifications, TFX announced on March 9. The newly-designed contracts will be available for trading again on Monday, June 28, 2010.
- The Tokyo Financial Exchange Selects GL TRADE as Provider to Offer Remote Membership. Reuters.
- 2012 Annual Volume Survey. Futures Industry.org.
- About TFX. TFX.
- What is TFX?. TFX.
- Tokyo Financial Exchange gets recognised market operator status in Singapore. Finetik.
- Japan : Commerzbank, Tokyo Financial Exchange sued for rand fiasco. TheFreeLibrary.com.
- Concerning the Temporary Suspension of Overnight Interest Rate Futures. Tokyo Financial Exchange.