Chicago Stock Exchange Trading Room
The Chicago Stock Exchange Trading Room was originally built in 1893 by architect Louis Sullivan and his partner, Dankmar Adler. It was the centerpiece of the Chicago Stock Exchange. When the Exchange was demolished in 1972, sections of the room including the stenciled decorations, molded plaster capitals and art glass were preserved from the Trading Room. In 1976, the room was reconstructed by architects John Vinci and Richard Nickel, among others, and is on display at The Art Institute of Chicago.
- Object Information. The Art Institute of Chicago.