International Association of Exchanges of the Commonwealth of Independent States
|International Association of Exchanges of the Commonwealth of Independent States|
|Founded||April of 2000|
|Products||Promotes best international practice and the harmonization of financial and operational standards|
The International Association of Exchanges of the Commonwealth of Independent States countries (IAEx of CIS) was created in April 2000 to promote best international practice and the harmonization of financial and operational standards. There are 17 major currency and stock exchanges and three depositories who are members of IAEx of CIS.
The association held its general meeting on July 9 of 2008. The meeting was attended by heads of 17 organizations (15 exchanges and 2 depositories) from 10 countries of the Commonwealth (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Ukraine and Uzbekistan).
The general meeting of the IAEx of CIS approved the results of the Association’s work in 2007-2008 and elected the Council of the IAEx of CIS. The meeting admitted the Belarusian Universal Commodity Exchange and the Moldova Stock Exchange as members of the IAEx of CIS.
Products and Services
As of July of 2008, the main goal of the IAEx of CIS was the creation and launch of a new Web site of the IAEx of CIS, which would help to organize effective electronic exchange of information among exchanges - members of the IAEx of CIS.
In particular, the association was intended to publish current changes in stock market indices as well as exchange rates of national currencies against the U.S. dollar, the euro and the Russian ruble. It intended to use the Web site for the publication of major legislative and statutory acts regulating organized financial and commodity markets in the CIS countries and provide regular (monthly) updates of data on trade volumes and other information in accordance with the standards of the Bulletin of Exchange Statistics of the IAEx of CIS.
- Asia-Pacific Interbank Currency
- Baku Interbank Currency Exchange
- Armenian Stock Exchange
- Belarusian Currency and Stock Exchange
- Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- Crimea Interbank Currency Exchange
- Kyrgyz Stock Exchange
- Moscow Interbank Currency Exchange
- N.Novgorod Currency and Stock Exchange
- Republican Stock Exchange 'Toshkent'
- Samara Currency Interbank Exchange
- Saint-Petersburg Currency Exchange
- Siberian Interbank Currency Exchange
- Tbilisi Interbank Currency Exchange
- Ukranian Interbank Currency Exchange
- Ural Regional Currency Exchange
- National Depository of Ukraine
- Uzbek Republican Commodity and Raw Materials Exchange
- Central Depository of Securities (Republic of Kazakstan)
- Central Depository of Armenia
- Executive Director, Alexey I. Kuprin
The meeting in July of 2008 elected the following individuals as members of the Council of the IAEx of CIS for the term of two years:
- Farhat Amirbekov (Administrative Manager of the Baku Interbank Currency Exchange);
- Azamat Dzholdasbekov (President of the Kazakhstan Stock Exchange);
- Alexander Potemkin (President of the MICEX);
- Tokhir Tokhtabayev (Chairman of the Board of the Uzbek Republican Commodity and Raw Materials Exchange);
- Pavel Tsekhanovich (Chairman of the Board of the Belarusian Currency and Stock Exchange)
- Irina Zarya (President of the PFTS Stock Exchange).