Thailand Futures Exchange
|Thailand Futures Exchange|
|Founded||May 17, 2004|
|Key People||Pakorn Malakul Na Ayudhya, Chairman|
The Thailand Futures Exchange (TFEX) is a subsidiary of the Stock Exchange of Thailand, offering stock index, interest rate, agriculture, rubber, energy and precious metals futures and options on futures contracts.
The exchange expanded its product offerings with the merger of TFEX and Thailand Agricultural Futures Trading in March 2015 in a government effort to consolidate all futures trading under one exchange.
TFEX was ranked 27th in 2016 in the Futures Industry Association's global list of the top derivatives exchanges measured by volume with 69.5 million contracts traded, up 43.3 percent on 2015's volume of 48.5 million.
Key Events of Thailand Futures Exchange
- 04/28/2006 - Launch SET50 Index Futures as the first product
- 08/28/2006 - Started Internet trading in SET50 Index Futures
- 09/18/2006 - Appointed three market makers to provide liquidity for SET50 Index Futures
- 04/09/2007 - Sign the Memorandum of Understanding with The Taiwan Futures Exchange (TAIFEX)
- 09/03/2007 - Allowed Direct Market Access (DMA) for convenience and easy execution
- 10/29/2007 - Launch SET50 Index Options as the second product
- 05/16/2008 - Sign the Memorandum of Understanding with Chicago Board Options Exchange (CBOE)
- 09/05/2008 - Sign the Memorandum of Understanding with The Options Industry Council (OIC)
- 11/24/2008 - Launch Stock Futures
- 02/02/2009 - Launch Thailand Futures Exchange Gold Futures
- 07/15/2010 - Sets Oct. 18 launch of 6-month interest rate (THBFIX) futures and 5-year government bond futures.
- 03/16/2015 - TFEX and the Thailand Agriculture Futures Exchange announce a merger.
Products and Services
TFEX received approval from the Securities and Exchange Commission to remove silver futures from its trading board starting from the night session of July 31, 2014. The exchange made that move in response to the termination of the London Silver Fix.
|Year||Total Annual Volume||Percent Change|