Thomas Theys is a trader and software entrepreneur based in London and founder of Patsystems. He was an independent trader on the London International Financial Futures Exchange ("LIFFE") on the trading floor prior to founding Patsystems.
He served as executive chairman of the firm until September of 2001, then served as non-executive president until November of 2001. He was replaced as chairman by Richard Sandor, who became non-executive chairman.
After leaving Patsystems in 2001, Theys led a revolt against the management brought in after his departure. He attempted to oust CEO David Jones and non-executive director Stewart Douglas-Mann. At the time, Theys held about 14% of Patsystems outstanding shares. The effort failed.
- Theys leads campaign for resignation of Patsystems' directors. Financial News.
- patsystems Announces Board Changes. PR Newswire.
- Patsystems' de Cock ousted from CEO role. Risk.net.
- Theys is no patsy as he eyes £21m. This is Money.
- Shareholder revolt nears climax as patsystems' losses widen. Finextra.
- Shareholders revolt at Patsystems. London Evening Standard.
- Patsystems Management Stays After Shareholder Vote. Waters Technology.