Nicole V. Rohr
|Nicole V. Rohr|
|Occupation||Queen of Content Strategy|
Nicole V. Rohr is social media and marketing professional. She is the self-described "Queen of Content Strategy" at start up marking firm BTC Revolutions.
Born and raised in Birmingham, Ala., she freelanced for several organizations in the Chicago area before joining the MarketsWiki and MarketsReformWiki teams in April 2011. She began as an intern and was promoted to web content editor first before being named to her current titles.
Rohr is active with the alumni association at The Medill School at Northwestern University and is a contributing instructor for the National High School Institute for Journalism (Cherubs) at Northwestern University. In February 2012, Rohr was featured in the Careers section of the Medill website.
Rohr worked as an editor for the newspaper and the literary magazine at her high school, continuing this work in college. She worked on a city council campaign in Birmingham before moving to Chicago in 2009. For the past two years, she has produced stories and multimedia content for organizations like The Cradle Foundation and the Weinberg College of Arts & Sciences at Northwestern University.
In December 2010, Rohr earned her master's degree in journalism with a focus on business reporting from The Medill School at Northwestern University. She received an undergraduate degree in English with an art history minor from Birmingham-Southern College in 2008.
She covered the marketing and advertising industry during her graduate studies while developing skills in video, audio and photo editing. She is active with Social Media Club Chicago and the Business Marketing Association (BMA) Young Professionals group. Rohr is also an avid runner and kickboxer.
- Five Minutes With Chris Gale, Latin Resources Limited
- Five Minutes With Harriet Hunnable, CME Group
- Five Minutes With Nicholas Cotts, Newmont Mining Corp.
- Five Minutes With Michael Berry, Discovery Investing
- Five Minutes With Jeffrey Christian, CPM Group
- Five Minutes With Juan Carlos Artigas
- Jennifer Ropiak of NYSE Liffe US Discusses Gold’s Market Impact & Options on Metals(video)
- Five Minutes With Michael Green
- William Birdthistle of IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law Discusses Dodd-Frank, Say-On-Pay & Corporate Governance (video)
- Former SEC Chairman David Ruder Discusses the Dodd-Frank Timeline, Volcker Rule & Cost Benefit Rules (Part 2 of 2) (video)
- Former SEC Chairman David Ruder Discusses the 'Flash Crash' & Dodd-Frank (Part 1 of 2) (video)
- Five Minutes With Jean Lucas
- Five Minutes With Sunil Annapareddy (Gold Bullion International)
- Futures For Kids - Walk to Work 2012
- Copper prices react to consumer worries
- Improv For A Cure - Penson Futures VP Fruecht To Host Feb. 3 Event
- Five Minutes With IM Trust And Fidessa
- Five Minutes With Gerard Pannekoek
- Five Minutes With Joanna Mallers
- Allan Horwich - Schiff Hardin LLP (video)
- Lisa Noller - Foley & Lardner LLP (video)
- Fortune Brands Inc. positioned as an attractive buy
- Chicago ad agency cast-offs start new firms aimed at cost-conscious clients (video)
- Are 'Three Trillion Dollar War' estimates still on target?
- Fortescue Metals withholds project investments: Does this mean job cuts for Aussies?
- Five tips for avoiding advertising pressures online
- Adap.tv first to use RTB for video ad transactions
- 20 years in the making: Arbitron's cell-phone-only, cell-phone-mostly sampling
- The future for flash - no more drama
- Yahoo's smart move - the future of its self-publishing network
- Fortune Brands Inc. sells Cobra brand, stock price soars
- Payless ShoeSource parent Collective Brands Inc. reports increased sales; stock drops 7 percent
- U.S. orders for computers, machinery decline; predictions for slow manufacturing growth
- Profits up 6.4 percent for AutoZone Inc. - beat analysts' estimates, disappoint execs
- Chicago parents: Advertisers not alone in link to childhood obesity
- Arbitron Inc. stock plummets 10 percent after earnings release
- Online women's magazine plans to expand nationally after Chicago success (audio slideshow)
- Chicago exhibit of Japanese advertising photography illustrates subtleties
- A swing to profitability by Fortune Brands Inc. is seen as move toward company's recovery
- Marketing initiatives impact P&G's second-quarter net sales increase, 6 percent drop in earnings
- Green advertising incites more complaints, Chicago marketing companies tackle certification issues
- Smaller markets temper losses for local magazines
- Paying for Facebook?