|Employer||Attain Capital Management|
Jeff Malec is the CEO of Attain Capital Management, a CFTC registered Introducing Broker. Malec is a member of the National Futures Association and a member of its board of directors, representing Independent Introducing Brokers.
He is also a member of the board of directors of Visible Spectrum, a company providing Internet-based video content editing.
Malec holds a Series 3 registration and is a Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst.
A native of Florida who also spent time in Chicago during his childhood, Malec started his futures career in 1998 when he was hired as a clerk in the 30-year bond pit at the Chicago Board of Trade.
He later traded for himself, before accepting a job with Striker Securities as a commodities and stock broker.
In 2002, Malec formed Attain Capital Management with Walter Gallwas and registered it as a NFA member Introducing Broker.
Malec was elected to the board of directors of the National Futures Association in 2013 as a write-in nominated candidate. Also elected as write-in nominated candidates along-side Malec were two Commodity Trading Advisor representatives, John Roe and James Koutoulas.
Malec holds a bachelor of arts in philosophy from Union College.
- U.S. futures industry regulator NFA comes under fire from within. Chicago Tribune.
- A note from Jeff Malec, IIB representative for the NFA Board of Directors. National Introducing Broker Association.
- Attain Capital CEO Jeff Malec Elected to the NFA Board of Directors. PRLOG.
- Managed Futures Newsletter. Attain Capital Management.
- Jeff Malec: How to Save the Futures Industry. John Lothian News.
- Jeff Malec. Wordpress.com.