|Security Traders Association of Chicago|
The Security Traders Association of Chicago (STAC) provided the foundation for the New York-based Security Traders Association (STA), an international trade organization which now has more than 5,000 members representing the trading community and institutional investors.
The STA was created in Chicago when the Chicago Bond Traders Club invited security traders across the Midwest to join them at their annual outing in 1934. Within three years, traders from across the nation gathered in Los Angeles for a convention, where a more detailed STA constitution was drafted and approved.
Products and Services
The STAC provides a forum to represent members' interests, and hosts the STA's annual mid-winter meeting. The STAC Fund makes grants for projects primarily involving children and provides scholarships for college students majoring in business and marketing.
The STA forms committees to write special reports on market conditions when it deems necessary.
The Security Traders Association is committed to promoting the interests of its members throughout the global financial markets, providing representation of these interests in the legislative, regulatory and technological processes, while fostering goodwill and high standards of integrity in accord with the Association’s founding principle, Dictum Meum Pactum – "My word is my bond."
- President: Drew D'Amore, KCG
- Vice President: William Russell, Bank of America
- Secretary: John Castro, Cheevers & Co., Inc.
- Treasurer: Paul Rudolph, Citadel
- Financial Secretary: James Bohrer, Thomson Reuters
Board of Directors
- John Alletto, Ariel Investments
- Ted Bilharz, CBOE
- David Creagan, BATS Global Markets
- Angela Figg, Instinet
- Jill Gracia, Oak Ridge Investments, LLC
- Kyle Goad, TradeMONSTER
- Jack O'Donnell, Mixit, Inc.
- Brian Stucka, Flextrade
- Gregg Rzepczynski, Gregg M. Rzepczynski & Associates, Ltd.
- Elizabeth Tolomeo, Academy Securities
Rory O'Kane, Knight Equity Markets L.P.
Patty Schuler, Boston Options Exchange (BOX)
- Geoffrey Coleman, E*Trade Securities, LLC
- Timothy Fligg, G1 Execution Services, LLC
- Thomas Gemmell, Options Xpress
- Michael Goetsch, Dow Jones
- Michael Guzy, Wolverine Execution Services
- Brian Kowieski, Stephens
- George Martin, Cheevers & Co., Inc.
- Collin Piercy, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Andrew Pollock, Scottrade
- Patrick Read, Dash Financial, LLC
- Kathleen Rowan, Ronin Capital, LLC
- Steven Roy, Citadel Execution Services
- Kevin Skarbek, G1 Execution Services, LLC
- Lindsey Zepponi, NASDAQ OMX
STAC held their annual Mid-Winter meeting in Chicago on January 14-16, 2015. The conference took place at the Hilton hotel and featured speakers such as John McPartland from the Chicago Federal Reserve and US Congressman Bill Foster.