|WATCH: 2012 SEFCON III Highlights on MarketsWiki.tv (December 2012)|
|WATCH: Evolution of OTC Products and Regulations Across Jurisdictions from Shawn Bernardo of Tullett Prebon on MarketsWiki.tv (December 2012)|
|Occupation||Senior Managing Director|
SEFCON III, November 2012
The Wholesale Markets Brokers’ Association Americas (WMBAA) is an industry advocacy group made up of five inter-dealer brokerage firms (IDBs): BGC Partners, GFI Group, ICAP, Tradition and Tullett Prebon. Since 2010, the WMBAA has hosted an annual conference on issues surrounding swap execution facilities (SEFs), a new type of financial transaction execution entity created by the Dodd-Frank Act. On November 13, 2012, John Lothian News Editor-at-Large Doug Ashburn attended the third such conference, 2012 SEFCON III.
- 2012 SEFCON III Interview Highlights
- European Swaps Perspective from Alex McDonald of the WMBA
- An Intro to IDBs and SEF Regulation from ICAP’s Chris Ferreri
- OTC Brokers vs. Exchanges and the Futurization of Swaps from Julian Harding of Tradition
- Evolution of OTC Products and Regulations Across Jurisdictions from Shawn Bernardo of Tullett Prebon
- Chris Giancarlo of GFI Group Discusses the Need for Regulatory Balance
Bernardo has been with Tullet Prebon since 2006. Prior to joining Tullett Prebon, Bernardo was a senior vice president at ICAP. At ICAP he worked in product and relationship management for Brokertec in securities, agencies, mortgages, repos and credit default swaps and credit default swap indices.
Bernardo holds a bachelor of arts degree from St. Johns University in political science.