|Thailand Futures Exchange|
|Founded||May 17, 2004|
|Key People||Chaiyawat Wibulswasdi, Chairman|
The Thailand Futures Exchange (TFEX) is a subsidiary of the Stock Exchange of Thailand, offering stock index, interest rate, agriculture, rubber, energy and precious metals futures and options on futures contracts.
The exchange expanded its product offerings with the merger of TFEX and Thailand Agricultural Futures Trading in March 2015 in a government effort to consolidate all futures trading under one exchange.
TFEX was ranked 26th in 2018 in the Futures Industry Association's global list of the top derivatives exchanges measured by volume with 104 million contracts traded, up 32 percent from a year earlier.
Key Events of Thailand Futures Exchange
- 04/28/2006 - Launch SET50 Index Futures as the first product
- 08/28/2006 - Started Internet trading in SET50 Index Futures
- 09/18/2006 - Appointed three market makers to provide liquidity for SET50 Index Futures
- 04/09/2007 - Sign the Memorandum of Understanding with The Taiwan Futures Exchange (TAIFEX)
- 09/03/2007 - Allowed Direct Market Access (DMA) for convenience and easy execution
- 10/29/2007 - Launch SET50 Index Options as the second product
- 05/16/2008 - Sign the Memorandum of Understanding with Chicago Board Options Exchange (CBOE)
- 09/05/2008 - Sign the Memorandum of Understanding with The Options Industry Council (OIC)
- 11/24/2008 - Launch Stock Futures
- 02/02/2009 - Launch Thailand Futures Exchange Gold Futures
- 07/15/2010 - Sets Oct. 18 launch of 6-month interest rate (THBFIX) futures and 5-year government bond futures.
- 03/16/2015 - TFEX and the Thailand Agriculture Futures Exchange announce a merger.
Products and Services
The TFEX offers products on the following:
- SET50 Index Futures
- SET50 Index Options
- Single Stock Futures
- 50 Baht Gold Futures
- 10 Baht Gold Futures
- 5-Year Government Bond Futures
- 3M BIBOR Futures
- 6M THBFIX Futures
- Brent Crude Oil Futures
- USD Futures
- Sector Index Futures
- RSS3 Futures
- RSS3D Futures
- Gold-D Futures
- Chairman, Chaiyawat Wibulswasdi
- Vice Chairman, Pakorn Peetathawatchai
|Year||Total Annual Volume||Percent Change|
- TFEX-AFET announce merger to drive Thailand agricultural futures exchange. TFEX.
- 2018 Annual Volume Survey. Futures Industry.org.