|Key People||Kevin Bohren, Co-Founder and Chairman; Scott Caudell, Co-Founder and Chief Technical Officer; Joe Bigane, Managing Director|
7ticks LLC was a privately held technology firm that specialized in managed IT services for the financial industry. It provided electronic trading networks and managed services. It was founded in 2002 by Kevin Bohren and Scott Caudell and acquired by Interactive Data Corporation on Jan. 19, 2010.
7ticks LLC History
On Oct. 20, 2009, 7ticks announced an expansion in Telx's Chicago facility as part of an ongoing effort to connect the capital markets communities to offer greater opportunities for proprietary trading groups, brokers and hedge fund managers to gain direct exchange access through proximity hosting.
On June 9, 2009, 7ticks introduced access to European-based derivatives products, starting with NYSE Liffe. As a managed services provider (MSP) connecting via NYSE Technologies Secure Financial Transaction Infrastructure (SFTI) network, 7ticks offered clients direct connectivity to NYSE Liffe, as well as other London based exchanges. 
On Jan. 2, 2009, 7ticks launched a direct, network-neutral connection within the Equinix Frankfurt-North (FR2) International Business Exchange (IBX) data center between its U.S. based network and the Eurex proximity location in Frankfurt, Germany. 7ticks’ presence at the FR2 center facilitates ultra-low latency services between the Eurex and other international exchanges. Within the center, the Frankfurt presence enhances 7ticks’ existing access to the Eurex VALUES API and Enhanced Broadcast Solution. 
- Interactive Data buys 7ticks for up to $51.2M. MHT.
- Press Release. Interactive Data.
- Managed Services Provider 7ticks Expands Relationship With Telx. TradingMarkets.com.
- 7ticks Ultra-Low Latency Network Connects London Financial Markets. Automated Trader.
- 7ticks Bridges U.S. and Frankfurt Financial Markets with Expansion at Equinix. Trading Markets.
- 7ticks Deploys Network Technology to Facilitate Ultra-Low Latency Financial Trading at Telx. 7ticks.
- Telx Powers Low Latency Trading for 7Ticks. Data Center Knowledge.