CFTC Global Markets Advisory Committee
|CFTC Global Markets Advisory Committee|
The Commodity Futures Trading Commission's Global Markets Advisory Committee (GMAC) was created in 1998 to advise the Commission on issues that affect the integrity and competitiveness of U.S. markets and U.S. firms engaged in global business.
The GMAC's charter identifies the following as within its scope of activity: 
- Avoiding unnecessary regulatory or operational impediments faced by those doing global business
- Setting appropriate international standards for regulating futures and derivatives markets and intermediaries
- Assessing the impact on U.S. makets and firms of the Commission's international efforts and the initiatives of foreign regulators and market authorities
- Achieving continued global competitiveness of U.S. markets and firms
- Identifying methods to improve domestic and international regulatory structures
The GMAC submits reports and recommendations to the Commission and will operate until the Commission chairman, with the concurrence of the other commissioners, determines that its continuance no longer serves the public interest.
On February 4, 2008, CFTC Commissioner Jill E. Sommers was appointed to serve as chairman and designated federal official of the GMAC. Previously Walter Lukken chaired the committee.
Members include the following industry professionals, representatives of futures exchanges, and market participants: 
- Richard Berliand, global head of Futures and Options, J.P. Morgan Securities Inc.
- William Brodsky, chairman and chief executive officer, Chicago Board Options Exchange
- George E. Crapple, co-chairman and co-chief executive officer, Millburn Ridgefield Corporation
- Bernard W. Dan, chief executive officer, MF Global
- Michael C. Dawley, chairman, Futures Industry Association
- Craig Donohue, chief executive officer, CME Group
- David Downey, chief executive officer, One Chicago
- Arthur Hahn, partner, Katten Muchin Zavis Rosenman, representative of Euronext Liffe
- Robert Klein, managing director and associate general counsel, Citigroup Global Markets, Inc.
- Roger Liddell, chief executive officer, London Clearing House
- Bonnie Litt, managing director and associate general counsel, Goldman, Sachs & Co.
- Joanne Medero, managing director and general counsel, Barclays Global Investors
- James Newsome, president, New York Mercantile Exchange
- Robert Pickel, executive director and chief exectuive officer, International Swaps and Derivatives Association
- Peter Reitz, member of the Executive Board, Eurex Frankfurt AG
- Daniel J. Roth, president, National Futures Association
- Steve Sparke, chairman, Futures and Options Association
- Jeffrey Sprecher, chairman and chief executive officer, Intercontinental Exchange (ICE)
- Eric Vincent, chairman, Managed Funds Association
- ↑ Charter. CFTC Global Markets Advisory Committee.
- ↑ General Press Release. Commodity Futures Trading Commission.
- ↑ Global Markets Advisory Committee Members. Commodity Futures Trading Commission.