CQG QTrader is a CQG product that offers trading tools and technical analysis features to trade and monitor the markets.
Electronic Trade Routing
CQG’s order types include market, limit, stop, stop limit, iceberg, trailing, DOM-triggered, and algorithmic orders.
- Spreadsheet Trader: Customizable spreadsheet-based trading application that allows traders to track the state of a wide collection of markets using their favorite studies, conditions, and alerts.
- Order Ticket: Integrated depth-of-market and order management interface that minimizes use of screen real estate.
- DOMTrader: Professional order-entry application that provides market transparency.
- Order Desk: Comprehensive desk-trader tool that attaches to any application, such as a quote board or a chart.
- SnapTrader: Innovative interface designed to provide one-click trading functionality and increase screen space.
- Server-Side Aggregation: Automated and ultra-low-latency management of orders in aggregated markets.
- Alert Trading: Notifications of when a specific price, time, study, or trend-line condition has been met.
- Spread Matrix and Spread Pyramid: Powerful trading applications that allow traders to define and monitor both synthetic and exchange-traded spreads and trade exchange-traded spreads.
Orders and Positions
Traders can monitor and manage futures accounts using real-time prices with Orders and Positions. The Trading Summary shows all daily trading activity by account or across all accounts. Account information can be exported to a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet or as an HTML file.
Charting and Analytics
- Bar: Bar charts display classic open, high, low, and close values.
- Candlestick: Candlestick is a price pattern recognition technique based on one-, two-, or three-line patterns.
- Line: Line charts connect closing prices.
- TFlow and Time-Based TFlow: TFlow bars are color-coded to show percentage of executed volume at the best bid and best ask prices. Time-Based TFlow charts use features similar to CQG's TFlow bars except the bars are based on time.
CQG offers a host of analytic tools, including Bollinger Bands, Moving Average Convergence/Divergence (MACD), and Average True Range (ATR) studies.
Traders can monitor the state of multiple conditions and study values for multiple chart types and intervals. The Instrument Monitor makes it possible to view real-time market data and study values and view the status of conditions for an instrument in a single, comprehensive view. It enables a technical view of the markets using multiple time frames and chart types for a single instrument.
Users can deliver market data and other information to Excel using CQG QTrader's RTD feature. The feature allows them to calculate formulas based on cells that reference real-time data and to request market data, historical data, and current working orders and positions data, including synthetic spreads.