|Cantor Fitzgerald, LP|
|Headquarters||New York City, USA|
|Key People||Chairman/CEO Howard Lutnick|
Cantor Fitzgerald L.P. is a financial services firm specializing in bond trading, as well as investment banking, asset management, market data and brokerage services. Cantor operates trading desks in every major financial center in the world, with 41 offices. It is one of 21 primary dealers who are permitted to trade U.S. government securities directly with the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
It serves more than 5000 institutional clients around the world.
The Cantor Fitzgerald franchise also includes investment banking and real estate private equity. Cantor has also become involved in new marketplaces through CantorCO2e, Cantor Gaming, Cantor Index, Cantor LifeMarkets, Cantor Entertainment, Cantor Real Estate, Cantor Exchange and other ventures.
On August 21, 2012, Cantor Fitzgerald announced a partnership with SunGard to create Cantor Clearing, a service providing clearing, settlement and technology solutions for financial services firms utilizing SunGard Solutions. The clearing service targets middle market clients institutional investors and asset managers.  
In 1996, Cantor launched eSpeed, its fully electronic trading platform. In April 2008, eSpeed merged with BGC to create BGC Partners, Inc.
The September 11, 2001 World Trade Center terrorist attacks claimed the lives of 658 of the company’s 960 New York-based employees. Since then, Cantor has provided more than $180 million to help the families of the firm’s colleagues. Each September 11th, 100 percent of Cantor’s and BGC Partners' global revenues have been donated to worthy causes to commemorate their employees who perished that day.
In 2017 Cantor Fitzgerald Investment Advisors, a subsidiary, acquired the asset management businesses of Efficient Market Advisors (EMA), an ETF-focused registered investment advisory firm.
Products and Services
The Cantor Futures Exchange (CXMarkets)
Cantor Fitzgerald developed the Cantor Futures Exchange (also called the Cantor Exchange) to trade futures on movie box office receipts, but abandoned the project after it had received CFTC approval because of a House-Senate bill that banned futures on box office receipts.  The leader of that project was Richard Jaycobs, CEO of Cithaeron Partners, a division of Cantor Fitzgerald.
It is now known as CXMarkets and is a U.S. regulated exchange offering products related to foreign exchange (Forex), tropical storms, and other types of weather.
Debt Capital Markets
- Interest rate products - Primary dealer in U.S. govt. securities
- Credit securities - Fixed income instruments
- Structured products
- Repo and securities lending in most USD fixed-income securities
- Mortgage securities
- SBA securities
- Agency structures - creation, trading, distribution of all agency debt
Equity Capital Markets
- Domestic and international equities
- Derivatives - options, swaps and special structures
- Convertibles & structured products
- Portfolio Trading
- Risk Arbitrage
- Stock Loans
- Contracts for Difference - Alternative means to access global equities markets
- Proprietary institutional equity research across seven sectors
- Equity and debt capital
- Financial advisory in M&A, complex financings, LBOs and restructurings
- Merchant banking - Client partnering on a principal basis to provide growth capital and to sponsor going-private transactions and joint ventures
- Value-added services - Marketing roadshows, market intelligence, investor relations
Cantor Clearing Services (CCS)
- Securities clearing intermediary of fixed income, equities and futures transactions.
- Offers consolidated trading desks, systems and clearing services to buy-side and sell-side firms.
- Integrated services - transaction, financing, technology and consultancy to bring environmental commodities to market and to help clients across the world manage the financial aspects of energy and environmental choices.
- Facilitate transactions via electronic trading screens, telephone lines, auctions and negotiated contracts.
- Broker emissions, and “new’ energy, such as renewable energy, ethanol and biodiesel.
- Advise equity investment funds on carbon finance, introduce investors to projects and structure forward sales to help project developers fund investments.
- Assist "clean-tech" technology developers to manage intellectual property, develop licensing strategies and roll out new technologies.
Founded in 2004, Cantor LifeMarkets involves development of new and innovative methods that bridge the financial and life insurance industries. LexNet, built and operated by Cantor LifeMarkets, is an online marketplace dedicated to trading of life insurance policies, also known as life settlements. The first of its kind, LexNet’s auction model provides transaction privacy protection and full transparency of bids, offers, commissions, fees and documentation. Systems are capable of handling large volumes of trades and are hosted in a secure environment.
- About Us. Cantor Fitzgerald.
- Cantor Fitzgerald to Launch Cantor Clearing. Yahoo Finance.
- Cantor Fitzgerald to Expand Clearing Services in Fourth Quarter. WSJ.com.
- Cantor Fitzgerald Investment Advisors Acquires Business of Efficient Market Advisors. Cantor Fitzgerald.
- Cantor Fitzgerald abandons plan to trade box-office futures contracts. Los Angeles Times.
- Cantor Exchange Backs Away From Hollywood. The Wrap.
- CantorCO2e. Cantor Fitzgerald.
- Cantor LifeMarkets. www.cantor.com.
- CANTOR FITZGERALD & CO - NFA ID: 0001772