|Christopher J. Smith|
|Employer||ED&F Man Capital Markets|
Formerly he was chief operating officer and deputy chief executive officer of MF Global. He was replaced as COO by is former subordinate Bernie Dan, who was later named CEO of the firm. Smith was also formerly a member of MF Globals board of directors.
In addition to his oversight capabilities managing Man Financial’s global IT, futures and securities settlements and risk and credit departments, Smith was responsible for operational due diligence and the integration of acquisitions.
From 1989 to 1992, he was a Consultant for Data Exchange Systems Ltd.
Smith began his career at LIT Futures Ltd and LIT Securities Ltd. where he worked from 1979 to 1989.
Smith graduated from Claremont School, Seaford College and Bromley College of Technology.
- ED&F Man picks over bones of MF Global. Financial News.
- Man Group IPO of Man Financial. Man Group.
- MF Global Names Bernard W. Dan President and Global Chief Operating Officer. MF Global.
- MF Global appoints Bernie to Dan as president and COO. FOW.
- MF Global names new COO. eFinancial News.
- MF Global Elects Three New Board Members. MF Global Press Release.
- Christopher Smith Bio. MF Global.
- MF Global Announces Senior Management Stock Purchases. Reuters.