Daiwa Securities America Inc.
|Daiwa Securities America Inc.|
|Headquarters||New York City headquarters|
|Key People||William Cook and Hirokazu Kikuchi, both EVP/co-head, Investment Banking (located in NY);|
|Products||Japanese and U.S. equities and derivatives, fixed income, investment banking|
Daiwa Securities America Inc. was formed in 1964 as a wholly owned subsidiary of Daiwa Securities Co. Ltd. It began its business focusing mainly on the sales of Japanese equities to U.S. institutional investors, but in later years branched out to include U.S. products as part of its financial offerings.
Daiwa Securities America Inc. in 1970 obtained memberships on the Boston Stock Exchange and Pacific Stock Exchange and in 1982, on the New York Stock Exchange. In 1986, it became a U.S. Treasury Primary Dealer, and in 1987-1988 a clearing member of both the CBOT and the CME.
In 1990, it became a subsidiary of a newly established holding company, Daiwa America Corporation. Currently its focus is primarily on sales and trading of Japanese and U.S. equities and fixed-income instruments, financial futures and investment banking including M&A and structured finance.
In 1999, Daiwa Securities Group Inc. was established as the ultimate holding company for the Daiwa corporate family. Daiwa Securities Group Inc. became the listed successor to the former parent company, Daiwa Securities Co. Ltd. Also in 1999, the retail securities operations of Daiwa were segregated and moved into a new entity called Daiwa Securities Co. Ltd.
Products and Services
- Japanese Equities -- Research Sales Group -- provides investment information and research products; arranges meetings and seminars with Japanese companies, analysts, economists and strategists; major underwriter of Japanese Equity IPOs and secondary offerings. This includes: access to market making, direct order routing to trading desks or entering orders in NY, access to block offers from domestic institutions, and routing orders directly to Japanese exchanges through Daiwa's electronic execution system.
- US Equity Dept. -- A member of all major exchanges in the U.S., the U.S. Equity Department provides investment information and research products; arranges meetings with U.S. companies, analysts, economists and strategists for Japanese institutional investors.
- Structured Transaction Group -- Global trading opportunities for more sophisticated clients, STG desk traders offer a broad range of products and securities lending.
FIXED INCOME DEPARTMENT
Daiwa Securities America Inc. has been a primary dealer since 1986. Its primary dealer and other fixed income operations comprise four areas:
- Sales and trading U.S. Treasuries
- Matched-book sales and trading activities
- Fixed-income derivatives
- Sales of Yen-based fixed-income securities
INVESTMENT BANKING DIVISION
The group provides capital-raising services for corporate and institutional clients and manages the firm's activities in the primary debt and equity capital markets. The group works with counterparts in Tokyo, London and Hong Kong in the structuring, execution and distribution of public and private offerings.
|William Cook||EVP/co-head, Investment Banking (located in NY)|
|Hirokazu Kikuchi||EVP/co-head, Investment Banking (located in NY)|
- DAIWA SECURITIES AMERICA INC - NFA ID: 0182017
Daiwa Securities America Web site