|Key People||Jock Percy, CEO|
Perseus (previously Perseus Telecom) is a global provider of managed services and high-precision, high-speed connectivity. It has headquarters in New York and Galway, and offices in Chicago, London, Hong Kong and Sao Paulo. It is a privately-held, majority employee-owned company with one minority institutional investor, Goldman Sachs, which purchased a $20.5 million stake in 2015.
In June of 2017 the company was sold to GTT Communications Inc. for $39.5 million.
Perseus was founded in 2009 by CEO Jock Percy. Since its launch, the company has grown to nearly 100 team members in six global offices.
Perseus offers Points-of-Presence in 79 cities, 33 countries, six continents and 300+ financial liquidity venues. It has more than 200 current clients and connects roughly 3.7 billion people and sees approximately $1 trillion of assets traded daily.
Perseus won the award for Best Innovation in 2014 from Global Telecoms Business (GTB) in London. It was the third consecutive year in a row that the company was honored by GTB. 
Other Awards received:
2016 - Global Telecom Business - Innovation Award, Fixed Infrastructure Innovation
2016 - Inside Market Data’s Best Low Latency Data/Technology Provider
2015 - Ranked #36 fastest growing companies: Crain’s
2015 - Institutional Investor’s Tech 50
2015 - Sell-Side Technology’s Best Infrastructure Provider to the Sell Side
2014/2015 - Named to the Inc 5000 list
2014 - Red Herring’s Top 100 Global Winner
Products and Services
Perseus offers global connectivity, colocation and high-speed market-to-market wireless networks for exchanges and trading firms. The firm owns and operates a data center at 60 Hudson Street in New York.
In addition to global fiber optic networks, Perseus offers wireless/microwave connectivity between equity, foreign exchange and futures markets in Chicago and New York.
In April 2012, Perseus and Indian telecom operator Reliance Globalcom launched QuanTA, which connects the markets of New York and London in less than 65 milliseconds round-trip-delay (RTD). 
In April 2013, Perseus launched Certified Time, an official timestamp synchronization service calibrated by the US Government's National Institute of Standards and Technology Laboratory.
On December 2, 2013, Perseus announced a new wireless service connecting the London based financial markets of NYSE Euronext, BATS Chi-X, London Stock Exchange, London Metal Exchange, iCap EBS and Thomson Reuters.
- Jock Percy, CEO
- Andrew Kusminsky, Chief Operating Officer and Chief Strategy Officer
- Anthony Gerace, President, Financial Services
- Jeff Mezger, Vice President, Product Development
- Alissa Potter, Product Marketing and Operations Manager
- Peter Nylund, CFO
- Marcos Guimaraes, Presidente LATAM
- Rachel Zublatt, General Counsel
John Lothian News Interview
Jock Percy of Perseus on Microwave Technology in the Trading World
Jock Percy spoke with former John Lothian News Editor-at-Large Doug Ashburn about the use of microwave for data transmission – what is driving the demand, the benefits and limitations of wireless, and a bit about the economics of technology upgrades. He closes with a look to the future of wireless and its global implications.
- ↑ Goldman-Backed High-Speed Trading Network Sold for $39.5 Million. Bloomberg.
- ↑ Perseus Wins Best Innovation 3 Years Running. Bob's Guide.
- ↑ Perseus Discusses QuanTA, the Ultra Low-Latency Trans-Atlantic Network and Provider Transparency. PR Newswire.
- ↑ Perseus Delivers Certified Time, Official Government Timestamp for Trading Markets between Chicago, New York and London. MarketWatch.
- ↑ Perseus goes live with wireless connections between financial markets in the London metro. Perseus Telecom.