The late Peter Wind was a veteran futures industry brokerage executive based in Chicago. He passed away on October 24, 2020.
Wind was the chairman of the advisory committee of John J. Lothian & Company, Inc. He was named to the committee in October of 2012 when the committee was publicly announced.
Wind served briefly at MF Global in 2010-11 after a long career with Cargill and Cargill Investor Services and more recently Penson GHCO. He left MF Global in April of 2011.
He was vice chairman of Penson GHCO and also served as senior vice president of Penson Worldwide, Inc. where he worked closely with Integrated Trading Solutions, a Penson company, which is a provider of direct access trading systems for equities, options and futures and operates an international data hub that enables third-party access to exchanges and other liquidity centers.
Before joining Penson in 2002, Wind was with Cargill for 30 years.  As senior vice president, global financial markets, he had responsibility for Cargill Investor Services' equity, interest rates, and foreign exchange trading activities.He joined the Cargill organization in 1972 as a trainee and held a variety of trading and management positions before joining Cargill Investor Services in 1975.
Wind was memorialized by friends and colleagues from the futures industry in the John Lothian Newsletter in October of 2020 following his death on October 24, 2020.
- Peter C. Wind - NFA ID 0013611
Wind was a graduate of the University of Kansas where he received a Bachelor of Science in Finance, and he was also a graduate of the executive program at the University of Minnesota Carlson School of Business.
JLN News Feed
- Risk Appetites Revitalized in Supercharged U.S. Equities Rebound
- Observations & Insight CME has a deal with QuickStrike to provide all sorts of analytics tools, including an options calculator which “generates fair value prices and Greeks for a...
- Sharon Y. Bowen
- Former CFTC Commissioner Sharon Bowen, an ICE and NYSE Board Member, is slated to become the next chair of the New York Stock Exchange, taking over from Jeffrey Sprecher.
- U.S. risks ‘chilling’ regulations on crypto, industry warns Congress
- First Read $54,406/$300,000 (18.1%) ++++ FIA Asia-V: Facing Challenges of Pandemic, Opportunities in Retail, ESG and Crypto By Suzanne Cosgrove – John Lothian News Much like its Western c...
- FIA ASIA-V: Major Exchange Leaders Highlight Growth, Vibrancy in Asia
- The leaders of three of the major Asian exchanges spoke separately in keynote addresses on the first day of FIA Asia Expo-V. They talked about the rapid change in the financial industry over the pa...
We visit more than 100 websites daily for financial news (Would YOU do that?). Read the John Lothian Newsletter.