|Key People||Marcus Rule, founder and chairman|
|Products||Consulting for global investment firms|
Rule Financial, launched in 1997 by founder Marcus Rule, is an independent IT consulting firm that focuses on global investment banking space. The firm is headquartered in London, with offices in New York, Boston and Toronto, with nearshore facilities in Barcelona and Lodz, Poland. The firm claims it advises nine of the top 10 global investment banks, providing business consulting and IT solutions for its clients.
The firm provides services in areas such as: OTC derivatives clearing, collateral management optimization, and muti-platform UX design and build for electronic trading and risk reporting. The company has also witnessed growing demand for application support services to help banks deliver cost-savings and business efficiencies.
1997 - Rule Financial is founded by Marcus Rule
2000 - Rule Financial is recognized in The Sunday Times Tech Track 100 - a listing of Britain's fastest-growing private technology companies
2008 - Specialist development centre opens in Barcelona
Nearshore development center opens in Łódź, Poland
Rule Financial acquires Polish based company Peer-to-Peer Systems
Rule Financial listed in The Sunday Times Tech Track 100 for the 2nd time
2009 - Rule Financial New York office
Rule Financial listed in The Sunday Times Tech Track 100 for the third time
2010 - Rule Financial listed in The Sunday Times Tech Track 100 for the fourth time
2012 - With the acquisition of 'The Waterline Group' in March 2012, Rule Financial establishes an office in the important financial centre of Toronto
On 17th December, Rule Financial opened a new office in Boston, Massachusetts, and now operates from six locations in five countries worldwide
2014 Rule Financial was acquired by GFT Group.
Products and Services
Rule Financial offers services across several areas including: legal and compliance, prime services, securities finance, operations, risk management, trading.
- Marcus Rule, Founder and Executive Chairman
- Chris Potts, Chief Executive Officer
- Amrik Chawla, Joint Head, North America
- Chris DeBrusk, Joint Head, North America
- Beverly Luther, Head of Human Resources
- Charles Henderson, Head of Sales and Account Management
- David Field - Executive Director
John Lothian News Interviews
- EU and UK’s Regulatory Alphabet, from EMIR to FTT to LCR and LEI, David Field, January 2013
- The Quest for Regulatory Harmonization, Clive Stainton, August 2011
- Rule Financial exceeds first half year sales targets despite volatile markets. Rule Financial.
- Rule Financial Snapped Up As GFT Pushes Into Investment Banking. Banking Technology.
- History. Rule Financial.