Women in Mining Canada
|Women in Mining Canada|
|Key People||Jean Lucas, President|
|Products||National not-for-profit organization focused on mining & mineral exploration|
Women in Mining Canada (WIM Canada) is a national not-for-profit focused on the attraction, retention and advancement of women in the mining and mineral exploration industries in Canada.
WIM Canada was founded in 2009.
Products and Services
WIM Canada works with 12 WIM branches in Canada to aide in the personal and professional development of women in mining, and to bring national attention to the issues faces the mining sector in Canada.
- To work with the minerals and mining industry to develop tools and programs that facilitate increased attraction, retention and advancement of women;
- To collaborate with WIM branches in sharing knowledge, best practices, and personal and professional development opportunities across Canada;
- To provide a supportive mentoring network and a national resource for connecting members to public and private sector entities looking to fill their ranks with qualified individuals; and
- To advocate for increased public support for the mining and exploration industry.
- Jean Lucas, President
- Catharine Shaw, Vice President
- Mary Louise Hall, Treasurer
- Sheila Sergy, Secretary
- Mafalda Arias, Director
- Curtis Clarke, Director
- Charmaine Gazdic, Director
- Tabetha Stirrett, Director
- Melanie Sturk, Director