Arab Federation of Exchanges
|Arab Federation of Exchange|
|Key People||Nader Azar, Chairman, Arab Federation of Exchanges and Chief Executive Officer, Amman Stock Exchange|
The Arab Federation of Exchanges is an industry organization created in 1979 to connect Arab stock exchanges.
The federation's mission is to create a transparent environment for the Arab capital markets, develop market members and reduce barriers of securities trading across the countries. It aims to harmonize laws and regulations in Arab countries and adopt technologies for trading and clearing systems.
The board consists of all stock exchanges and clearing houses of the Federation and has the highest authority in the Arab Federation of Exchanges.
The Federation Secretariat is the executive organization of the Federation, headed by the Secretary General, who has the financial and administrative powers.
The AFE holds an annual conference. The head of the stock exchange that holds the annual conference is elected the Federation's chairman of the year.
Members of the Federation are exchanges, clearing and settlement companies and brokerage firms. The federation headquarters is located in Beirut, Lebanon.
Products and Services
- Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange (ADX)
- Amman Stock Exchange (ASE)
- Bahrain Bourse (BHB)
- Beirut Stock Exchange (BSE)
- Casablanca Stock Exchange (CASA)
- Damascus Securities Exchange (DSE) Dubai Financial Market (DFM)
- Egyptian Exchange (EGX)
- Erbil Stock Exchange (ESX)
- Iraq Stock Exchange (ISX)
- Khartoum Stock Exchange (KHARTOUM)
- Boursa Kuwait
- Libyan Stock Market (LSM)
- Muscat Securities Market (MSM)
- Palestine Exchange (PEX)
- Qatar Stock Exchange (QSE)
- Saudi Stock Exchange (TADAWUL)
- Tunis Stock Exchange (BVMT)*
The AFE executive committee is made up of
- Nader Azar, Chairman, Arab Federation of Exchanges and Chief Executive Officer, Amman Stock Exchange
- Rashed Al Balooshi, Chief Executive of Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange
- Karim Hajji, Chief Executive Officer Casablanca Stock Exchange
- Mohamed Abdel Salam, Chairman Misr for Central Clearing Depository and Registry (MCDR)