Bermuda Stock Exchange
|Bermuda Stock Exchange|
|Key People||Thomas P. Gallagher, Chairman; Greg Wojciechowski, CEO|
The Bermuda Stock Exchange (BSX) is a for-profit fully electronic securities market regulated by the Bermuda Monetary Authority, offering listing and trading for international and domestic companies. It also trades debt, depository receipts, insurance-linked securities and derivative warrants.
It is recognized as a Designated Offshore Securities Market by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and as a Recognised Stock Exchange by UK HM Revenue and Customs.
The exchange was established in 1971, primarily as a domestic equities market, and in 1992 the company was restructured into a demutualised, for-profit entity.
In late 2019 Miami International Holdings acquired a controlling interest in the Bermuda Stock Exchange.
MIH cited Bermuda’s recently passed Digital Asset Business Act, 2018 (“DABA”), along with the Bermuda Government’s commitment to fintech regulation and its established re/insurance market, as making Bermuda an attractive investment.
On December 18, 2020, MIH announced it had acquired 100 percent ownership of BSX, adding to its majority interest. 
- Collective Investment Vehicles (Funds)
- Derivative Warrants
- Domestic Main Board Companies
- Domestic Small Cap Companies
- Fixed Income
- International Companies/Secondary listings
- Insurance Linked Securities and Programmes
- International Companies & Mezzanine Market
- Thomas P. Gallagher, Chairman
- Greg Wojciechowski, CEO
- David Brown, Deputy Chairman
- James McKirdy, Chief Compliance Officer
- 2010 Annual Report & Statistics. World Federation of Exchanges.
- Members. World Federation of Exchanges.
- Overview. Bermuda Stock Exchange.
- US firm acquires controlling interest in BSX. The Royal Gazette.
- Miami International Holdings Acquires 100% Ownership of The Bermuda Stock Exchange. MIAXOptions.com.