BondDesk Group LLC
|BondDesk Group LLC|
|Headquarters||Mill Valley, CA|
|Key People||Howard Edelstein, CEO; John Bagley, President, BondDesk Trading|
|Products||Fixed-Income Technology, Alternative Trading System|
BondDesk Group LLC is a fixed-income technology firm and trading platform. The firm's alternative trading system (ATS), BondDesk Trading, is among the largest retail fixed income trading platforms in the U.S. The company was founded in 1995 as the BondExchange and is based in Mill Valley, California with additional offices in California, Michigan, and New York. Since 2006, the company has been owned by Advent Inteernational, a Boston-based private equity firm.
In October 1995, BondDesk Trading began as Bond Exchange LLC. In October 1999, the current BondDesk entity was founded with investments from Goldman Sachs, UBS PaineWebber and Spear, Leeds & Kellogg. In February 2000, Bear Stearns and Susquehanna International Group became partners. The firm again took on equity partners in July 2000, adding A.G. Edwards, ABN Amro, Bank of America, RBC Dain Rauscher, Raymond James, TD Waterhouse and Wachovia.
BondDesk ATS commenced operations in October 2000 and grew by way of company acquisitions, such as TIPS LLC in August 2001., BondNexus in October 2001. , MPA Technologies in September 2002 and TechHackers LLC in January 2005. 
In July 2006, Advent International acquired a majority interest in BondDesk. In August 2013, Advent reportedly initiated the process to sell BondDesk. The firm's value has been estimated at around $200 million, and leading bidders for the firm reportedly include rival fixed income platform operators TradeWeb and MarketAxess.
Products and Services
BondDesk Group's products include the following:
- BondDesk Direct, which allows users to access fixed income inventories in the United States;
- BD Institutional, which delivers live and executable multi-dealer fixed-income offerings;
- Trader WorkStation, a real-time position keeping and trading system;
- Liaison WorkStation, which enables users to access fixed-income liquidity pools in the United States;
- Advisor WorkStation, which delivers decision support tools.
- BondDesk Alternative Trading System, which connects broker-dealers through a centralized marketplace;
- MPA Workstation, a fixed-income decision-support solution;
- BD Syndicate, a municipal underwriting platform;
- Decision Analytics, an enterprise-wide fixed-income client portfolio review and reporting system.
- Howard Edelstein, Chief Executive Officer
- John Bagley, President, BondDesk Trading LLC
- Don Swartz, Head of Technology
- Jan Mayle, Head of Product Management and President of TIPS and TechHackers
- Greg Stockett, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Financial Officer