@JohnLothian Twitter Feed
- BlackRock managing director Eric Van Nostrand is joining the Biden administration, adding to the close ties between the Wall Street heavyweight and the seat of power in Washington https://t.co/...
- Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine set Russia’s economy back four years in the first full quarter after the attack, putting it on track for one of the longest downturns on record https://t.co...
- The CDC said it’s no longer recommending that adults and children quarantine after having been exposed to Covid https://t.co/of01opGTb7— Bloomberg (@business) August 11, 2022
- Tornado Cash Crackdown Shows Limits of Regulating Cryptocurrency Services - WSJ https://t.co/qIWLc6xLP7— John Lothian (@JohnLothian) August 12, 2022
- Bank Of America Corporation: BaFin imposes Administrative Fine https://t.co/192yIXOTOx— John Lothian (@JohnLothian) August 12, 2022
- In Volatile Times, Horizons ETFs Expands Engagement With Solactive Launching Utilities ETF https://t.co/gnQcrzWvMj— John Lothian (@JohnLothian) August 12, 2022
Cowan became president of TSX Venture Exchange in 2007.
Cowan joined the Canadian Dealing Network (CDN), the over-the-counter market previously owned by the Toronto Stock Exchange, in 1997 as general counsel and became the director of CDN in October of 1999. In 2000 he became a vice president of the Canadian Venture Exchange (CDNX) when it acquired CDN. Following the acquisition of CDNX by the Toronto Stock Exchange in 2002, Cowan was promoted to senior vice president, TSX Venture Exchange and vice president, TSX Group.
In 2005 and 2006 he performed a dual role as senior vice president, TSX Venture Exchange and senior vice president, Business Development, Toronto Stock Exchange.
Cowan received a B.A. from the University of Toronto in 1983 and a LL.B. from Osgoode Law School in 1986.